Trusted Kansas City Attorney Handles Family Law and Criminal Defense Cases
Established firm has served northwest Missouri for more than 35 years
Hiring a trustworthy attorney gives you the ability to tackle legal challenges that affect you now and in the future. Since 1984, my Kansas City firm, Howard L. Lotven, P.C., has guided clients toward positive resolutions in criminal defense and family law proceedings. From my office in the Power and Light District, I communicate directly with the people I represent so that they understand their options clearly. I am a strong defender of my clients’ rights no matter how powerful or intimidating the other side might seem. Whenever possible, my firm looks to minimize time, expense and aggravation by concluding cases through a deep knowledge of the law and effective communication, but I am prepared to stand up for you in any forum.
Strategic advocate represents clients in divorce and custody matters
My firm has earned the respect of fellow attorneys and former clients because of my:
- Courtroom experience — Nothing matches the experience of arguing in court and winning successful results for those you represent. Though family law and criminal defense matters are often concluded prior to trial, I am an accomplished advocate ready to stand up for your rights.
- Strategic approach — I work diligently to grasp the key details of your situation and then develop a strategy tailored to your unique circumstances. Over three decades of legal practice, I have often rebelled against conventional thinking to craft innovative, effective solutions for my clients.
- Individualized attention — At all times, you will work one-on-one with an experienced attorney who gives you honest, knowledgeable counsel about the relevant law and how it applies to your situation.
It doesn’t matter if you’re fighting off a criminal allegation or struggling with a difficult divorce, I know the toll that accompanies many legal actions. For more than three decades, my firm has blended compassionate counsel with an aggressive approach to accomplishing clients’ objectives.
Skilled lawyer defends clients charged with felonies and misdemeanors
Throughout northwest Missouri, my firm assists clients in legal matters pertaining to:
- Criminal defense — As a seasoned criminal defense attorney, I advocate for accused individuals in all types of felony and misdemeanorcases, including those involving allegations of drug crimes, domestic violence and drunk driving. No matter what type of charges have been brought against you, I will answer your questions and tell you what to expect, all while crafting a solid defense strategy.
- Family law — My firm delivers comprehensive family law counsel relating to a full range of concerns such as marriage dissolution, paternity, modifications of existing court orders and child support disputes. I provide thorough responses to common questions and always strive to help clients manage life transitions.
- CDL violations — I assist commercial vehicle drivers who are facing license suspension and other penalties for purported CDL violations. You can count on me to help you defend against charges pertaining to standard traffic violations as well as regulations specifically applying to large trucks and their operators.
- Divorce — When you’re going through a divorce, I can ensure that you’re prepared for what’s ahead and press for appropriate terms addressing the child custody, the equitable distribution of property and other key issues.
Acting promptly when a family law or criminal defense concern arises is the best way to increase the likelihood of a favorable outcome. I am ready to start working on an effective course of action.
Schedule a free consultation with a Missouri family law and criminal defense lawyer
Howard L. Lotven, P.C. in Kansas City represents northwest Missouri clients in all types of criminal defense and family law matters. To discuss your situation during a free initial consultation, please call 816-295-6822 or contact me online.